- Ask before taking a picture. It’s polite, common courtesy.
- Please move to the sides of hallways and away from elevators, escalators, and stairs, so that other people may walk past.
- Flash photography is prohibited in any location where the flash may create a safety hazard (Main Events, video rooms, etc.).
- Photography is prohibited in the dealer’s room and in the art show.
These rules apply to all members of the convention, including members of the press. If you are found taking pictures in violation of these rules, you may be asked to leave the event or possibly the convention.
For the following events there will also be a “No Photography or Recording devices” Policy in effect.
- Mix Speakers, Inc. Concert
- Chipocrite Concert
- Platform One Concert
- Carnivale Cabaret
Signs reflecting this policy will be posted outside the doors to these events. Anyone caught violating these policies will be removed from the event in question with no re-admittance.
- No signs are permitted with the exception of signs which are an established part of a character’s persona.
- Solicitation using signs is not permitted. Solicitation includes, but is not limited to: asking for food, money, hugs, kisses, “glomps”, or any sort of sexual favor, free or otherwise.
- Signs containing offensive content are not permitted, regardless of whether they are “in character”.
- Signs in violation of the Anime USA Sign Policy will be immediately confiscated by the Anime USA Staff. Repeat offenders may be subject to expulsion. Anime USA Staff decisions regarding signs are final.
This policy applies to all types of signs, regardless of material or method of construction.
- No member is guaranteed an autograph from any guest. All autograph sessions are on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Sponsor Members get a separate line for the Autograph Sessions. At the start of the session, Sponsor Members go first. If a Sponsor member arrives after the start of the session, he is taken in at the discretion of Staff at the session.
- Autograph sessions can be capped at any time by the discretion of staff running that event. If capped, Members will be informed of this at the end of the line before entering it. There are frequently autograph sessions after the current session’s time frame, so autograph sessions usually can’t be extended.
- To keep the line moving, while members may bring items to be signed, please be aware that Public Safety may, at their discretion, limit the number of items that will be brought per person for each guest. Any items brought should be out of their packaging and ready to sign by the time the member reaches the guest’s table.Should anyone be turned down for multiple items, if there is still space and time in the autograph session the member may return to the end of the line to get any additional items signed.
- Members may take photos of the guests at the discretion of the guests and staff at the session. This will be announced to members before the Autograph session begins.
- Disruptive or Rude Behavior by attendees will not be tolerated and can lead to removal from the autograph area.
- The only items members are allowed to bring for signing are officially licensed merchandise, items they hand made, program book or personal autograph book.
- There are frequently different rules for Autograph Sessions with the Japanese acts. These rules will be communicated before the session begins (either at their concert’s end or as the line up is happening).
Over 18+ Wristband Policy
While AnimeUSA is a family friendly convention, there are some events that are designed for a mature audience. For these events and activities, we have issued a wristband policy. Members and staff who have wristbands will be seated in 18+ events before those who will need to have their age verified. To obtain an 18+ wristband, you will need to go to the ID Check Desk located by Registration. You will need to present your Membership Badge and your ID. The only IDs that will be accepted as proof of your age will be a Government Issued Photo ID, such as a Driver’s License, Passport or State Issued ID Card, that clearly shows your Date of Birth.
General Rules and Disclaimers
- You must wear your membership badges at all times to be admitted to any convention function. Be prepared to show your badge at all times within the convention space and yes it must clearly be visible.
- Possession of alcoholic beverages in the convention space by anyone under 21 years of age is grounds for expulsion from the convention without refund. It’s the law.
- Anything illegal outside the convention is illegal inside the convention.
- Please refrain from all behavior that polite a fan would find offensive out of public view.
- Anime USA does not tolerate any sort of disruptive or dangerous behavior and Anime USA Staff will take action if any disruptive or dangerous behavior is witnessed. Yes, being excessively loud, yelling, and the use of noise makers do qualify as disruptive behavior. Level of action will be determined by the nature of the behavior and at the discretion of Anime USA Staff.
- Fighting (fake or real), instigating, impeding traffic flow, offensive behavior, failure to observe basic hygiene, public inebriation or similar intoxication and any other problematic behavior is prohibited at Anime USA.
- Anime USA discourages sleeping in public areas. If you need to sleep, please return to your hotel room, living space, etc…
- Do Not Block the walking spaces within the convention, it causes a safety hazard and generally annoys people. If found blocking the pathways you will be asked to move, if you don’t wish to be bothered then don’t do it.
- Please do not abuse our hotel or convention facilities. This includes putting signs on walls. Public locations for notices are provided. Realize that Room Parties Flyers and other such announcements attract hotel security scrutiny, so beware.
- Please do not vandalize, destroy, or damage the facilities; we’d kinda like to do this again. Violators are to subject to a ride with local policing authorities to a more appropriate facility.
- Costumers, remember that no costume is NO costume, and there are public nudity laws, if it is not legal on a conservative public beach then it is not going to work here either. Please wear appropriate (or at least enough) clothing in the common areas.
- Anime USA is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property or for injuries sustained during the course of the convention.
- As a courtesy Anime USA operates a “Lost and Found” during the course of the convention, it’s located at the Security desk on the bottom floor.
- If you lose an item check with the Security desk, if you find an item bring it there too.
- The hotel also has a “Lost and Found” at the front check-in counter, so if AUSA Security does not have your lost item, check there. After the convention ends all found items are turned over to the hotel “Lost and Found”.
- Announced events and guests are subject to change and/or cancellation without notice. Every effort will be made to announce any changes via the Internet and publications, but sometimes last-minute changes will occur.
- We reserve the right to ask you to leave the convention and refuse to refund your membership money for any of the reasons list in these policy and rules sections. If it is determined that you have done something sufficiently heinous not listed in the above rules and policies we still reserve these same rights.
- Be courteous and sensible and there will be no problems.